Print Page | Close Window

Taking Care Stroke Patient

Printed From: Bangsar Baru Community Forum
Category: In & Around Bangsar
Forum Name: Community Discussion
Forum Description: Bangsar Community related discussions ranging from community activities, crime reports & anything under the sun that relates to living & chilling in Bangsar.
URL: http://www.bangsar.net.my/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3161
Printed Date: 27 June 2019 at 1:07pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Taking Care Stroke Patient
Posted By: greentea78
Subject: Taking Care Stroke Patient
Date Posted: 28 December 2018 at 9:44am
Hi everyone. I really need your help.. 

My dad just discharged from hospital. He experiences stroke and really needs support for his daily routine. The problem is, my sibling and me have no flexible time to taking care him. So, i need an experienced nurse who can come to our home. Just for 3 days a week.... 

-------------
Life must go on...

Replies:
Posted By: popo90
Date Posted: 31 December 2018 at 10:05am
Seem like u need a home visit nurse to take care your father, how about u search at google, i think there got what u want 

Posted By: kungfu1panda
Date Posted: 31 December 2018 at 10:49am
Hello TS. How old is your dad? what about your neighbours? Pretty sure if you ask nicely they could come and look out for you dad. You could pay them Smile

Posted By: kungfu1panda
Date Posted: 31 December 2018 at 10:54am
In my opinion, googling is too general. Cuz yes you can find a lot but you wouldn't know if those sites are trustworthy or not. There are a lot of cases surrounding old folks these days

Posted By: evonvon
Date Posted: 31 December 2018 at 11:57am
Originally posted by popo90 popo90 wrote:

Seem like u need a home visit nurse to take care your father, how about u search at google, i think there got what u want 

Sounds like a good place to start... read as much as you can and understand the parttimer's forte.  

Posted By: barley
Date Posted: 31 December 2018 at 6:06pm
If you are going to hire a part time nurse, please be sured that he/she is well qualified.

Date Posted: 02 January 2019 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by barley barley wrote:

If you are going to hire a part time nurse, please be sured that he/she is well qualified.

Well qualified and well manner as well.... I'd strongly recommend for you guys to meet the nurse prior hiring... See how they interact with your dad and the rest of the family

Posted By: popo90
Date Posted: 02 January 2019 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by kungfu1panda kungfu1panda wrote:

In my opinion, googling is too general. Cuz yes you can find a lot but you wouldn't know if those sites are trustworthy or not. There are a lot of cases surrounding old folks these days

Ya~i agree with you. But if you can do some research and verify those online platforms, i think u can no need to worry about the trustworthy problem. Btw google still is the easier way to find things.  

Posted By: jackong92
Date Posted: 02 January 2019 at 2:54pm
Nowadays hire a private nurse is expensive, if u afford to pay i think that is not a problem but if u want to save money i suggest you find an aunty to help you. 

Date Posted: 02 January 2019 at 4:15pm

Yeah.. i already did but unluckily, my family disagree with that. they do not trust at all. Maybe they have heard from somewhere.. 

-------------
Life must go on...

Date Posted: 02 January 2019 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by barley barley wrote:

Ofcourse... my family is very fussy and they want a neat care for my dad...

-------------
Life must go on...

Date Posted: 02 January 2019 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by jackong92 jackong92 wrote:

Nowadays hire a private nurse is expensive, if u afford to pay i think that is not a problem but if u want to save money i suggest you find an aunty to help you. 

Did u know the rate? 
haiyaaa so many problem faces so i really can't make any decision rite now. But if someone can recommend to me a  good nurse with affordable price rate, just inform here immediately.. 

-------------
Life must go on...

Date Posted: 02 January 2019 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by kungfu1panda kungfu1panda wrote:

Hello TS. How old is your dad? what about your neighbours? Pretty sure if you ask nicely they could come and look out for you dad. You could pay them Smile

Hi.. he is 67 yrs old already. I dont think so because we are different religions. My father feels uncomfortable with this suggestion.. sorry :(

-------------
Life must go on...

Posted By: Acap50
Date Posted: 02 January 2019 at 4:58pm

How to hire private nurse anyway? Do we have to consult with the hospital to send a nurse to provide their service at our house?

Posted By: raudeen
Date Posted: 02 January 2019 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by greentea78 greentea78 wrote:

Hi.. he is 67 yrs old already. I dont think so because we are different religions. My father feels uncomfortable with this suggestion.. sorry :(
if it were me i would be uncomfortable too asking neighbours for helps. it would be really awkward and they might be saying things about your family. 

Date Posted: 02 January 2019 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by Acap50 Acap50 wrote:

How to hire private nurse anyway? Do we have to consult with the hospital to send a nurse to provide their service at our house?
not necessarily. some hospital does provide a home nursing services depends on the health condition of the patients. but you also could hire a private nurse for ngo too. do you interested in hiring private nurse too? 

Date Posted: 02 January 2019 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by raudeen raudeen wrote:

not necessarily. some hospital does provide a home nursing services depends on the health condition of the patients. but you also could hire a private nurse for ngo too. do you interested in hiring private nurse too? 
No im just asking out of curiosity because i never knew anything about private nurses in our country. Just for future reference, what kind of ngo provides private nurses service? Can be more specific? 

Posted By: minnyminny
Date Posted: 02 January 2019 at 6:10pm

Yeah.. i already did but unluckily, my family disagree with that. they do not trust at all. Maybe they have heard from somewhere.. 

Just a suggestion, how about persuading them to meet some of the candidates... There are a few platforms that provide this services and they are a great help...

Posted By: iceice
Date Posted: 03 January 2019 at 11:47am

No need so complicated, u just need to google search on Caregiver Asia, there got many part time nurses provide medical services.

Date Posted: 03 January 2019 at 12:20pm

Good idea but too many procedure. Btw, the cost for hiring a private nurse is very expensive and we are not afford for it. :(

-------------
Life must go on...

Date Posted: 03 January 2019 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by iceice iceice wrote:

No need so complicated, u just need to google search on Caregiver Asia, there got many part time nurses provide medical services.

oh i see.. thanks for suggested something might be solve our problem. I've google bout caregiver Asia. The website look legit tho. Now, I have discuss with my family and we will be booking a service on the website. 

-------------
Life must go on...

Posted By: zentuah
Date Posted: 03 January 2019 at 2:27pm
I just wanna share my experienced. 
4 months ago, my lil sister has participated as part timer nurse at caregiver Asia. It was really my first time heard about this website platform. Guess what, most of them must have a certificate approved by MOH. With the customer keep booking her service, her new venture has got a foot in the door. By the way, their rate really affordable and flexible of course.

Posted By: zentuah
Date Posted: 03 January 2019 at 2:31pm

oh i see.. thanks for suggested something might be solve our problem. I've google bout caregiver Asia. The website look legit tho. Now, I have discuss with my family and we will be booking a service on the website. 

Yeahhhh.. you shud booking and try first their services. I can beat that their rate really affordable for u and family. Besides that, your dad will be treated neatly by a qualified nurse. 

Posted By: iceice
Date Posted: 04 January 2019 at 9:45am

Good idea but too many procedure. Btw, the cost for hiring a private nurse is very expensive and we are not afford for it. :(

U guys can look at Caregiverasia's website, their price is affordable because there are different pricing which depend on the freelancers. So u can choose which one u think is affordable.   

Date Posted: 04 January 2019 at 10:48am

U guys can look at Caregiverasia's website, their price is affordable because there are different pricing which depend on the freelancers. So u can choose which one u think is affordable.   

Yeah I've seen CaregiverAsia website. And we plan to book a service there since the cost is very affordable and flexible to us.  :)

-------------
Life must go on...

Date Posted: 04 January 2019 at 10:57am
Originally posted by zentuah zentuah wrote:

4 months ago, my lil sister has participated as part timer nurse at caregiver Asia. It was really my first time heard about this website platform. Guess what, most of them must have a certificate approved by MOH. With the customer keep booking her service, her new venture has got a foot in the door. By the way, their rate really affordable and flexible of course.

wow sound good! I thought Caregiver Asia just provide the service but it one of the platform that open a big opportunity in recruiting new part time nurse too. 

-------------
Life must go on...

Date Posted: 04 January 2019 at 11:59am

This is the first time hear of caregiver asia. Its nice to know that there such platform exist in our country which those service conveniently accessible to the citizen.

Date Posted: 04 January 2019 at 12:05pm

No im just asking out of curiosity because i never knew anything about private nurses in our country. Just for future reference, what kind of ngo provides private nurses service? Can be more specific? 
actually there are few ngo provides private nurses service in malaysia. well as stated by others, caregiverasia is one of the most reliable one.

Date Posted: 04 January 2019 at 12:07pm

Yeah I've seen CaregiverAsia website. And we plan to book a service there since the cost is very affordable and flexible to us.  :)
yeap. that is one of the best thing about caregiverasia services. the service period is up to the careseeker flexibility of time so they dont need to pay for the extra hours when not using caregivers services.

Posted By: minnyminny
Date Posted: 04 January 2019 at 12:27pm
I really like that through caregiver, you can at least meet with the nurse first. 

Date Posted: 04 January 2019 at 12:29pm

actually there are few ngo provides private nurses service in malaysia. well as stated by others, caregiverasia is one of the most reliable one.
I see. Well thats good but how reliable it is actually? 

Date Posted: 04 January 2019 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by zentuah zentuah wrote:

This was my first time heard about caregiver asia as well. never really knew about it until i read it here. I didnt knew caregiver asia gives opportunities for people to do partime job as well.. Thats great! 

Date Posted: 04 January 2019 at 12:36pm

I see. Well thats good but how reliable it is actually? 
well for started, most of caregiverasia parttimer have certificate approved by moh so you know they are not just some random strangers pretending knowing what they do as their job. second, the price rate are really affordable and reasonable for those are truly in needs of their services.

Posted By: barley
Date Posted: 04 January 2019 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by minnyminny minnyminny wrote:

I really like that through caregiver, you can at least meet with the nurse first. 

Its important for us to know the personality of the person that is going to be hired too, well aside than their edu background

Posted By: Ryeonism
Date Posted: 04 January 2019 at 3:19pm
Hey! I heard of Caregiver before. My sister had to remove her appendix. She was in a shared-room with another girl. The girl's family was busy so they hired Caregiver to look after her during the day. 

Date Posted: 04 January 2019 at 3:34pm

What i like about this platform is that they offer reflexible service hours, so it really is a convenient helping hand.   

Posted By: Ryeonism
Date Posted: 04 January 2019 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by evonvon evonvon wrote:

What i like about this platform is that they offer reflexible service hours, so it really is a convenient helping hand.   

yup, from my observation the caregiver would come by 9 or so help the girl eat, assist her to wash herself and just stayed by her side assisting what ever necessary for her to get healthy. and i think because the caregiver have adequate background knowledge so, she also help/teach the girl some medical terminology 

Date Posted: 04 January 2019 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by Ryeonism Ryeonism wrote:

yup, from my observation the caregiver would come by 9 or so help the girl eat, assist her to wash herself and just stayed by her side assisting what ever necessary for her to get healthy. and i think because the caregiver have adequate background knowledge so, she also help/teach the girl some medical terminology 

not bad at all, to have someone care for you after operation like that. I would be dead miserable and bored at hospital ward if no one came

Posted By: destiny
Date Posted: 05 January 2019 at 9:24pm

This was my first time heard about caregiver asia as well. never really knew about it until i read it here. I didnt knew caregiver asia gives opportunities for people to do partime job as well.. Thats great! 

No surprise that not much ppl knew about Caregiverasia right now because they just recently expanded their market to Malaysia and Taiwan even though they had been established quite long time ago already in Singapore, but after awhile I'm sure more people would be using their service after getting to know about it.

Posted By: destiny
Date Posted: 05 January 2019 at 9:27pm

well for started, most of caregiverasia parttimer have certificate approved by moh so you know they are not just some random strangers pretending knowing what they do as their job. second, the price rate are really affordable and reasonable for those are truly in needs of their services.

Yup, for sure the first point is very important for us, of course we dont wanna spend money on hiring someone who does not even have the minimum qualification and experience in doing jobs within this field, things aren't that easy as it seemed to be when taking care of patients with different needs.

Posted By: givemefive
Date Posted: 05 January 2019 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by evonvon evonvon wrote:

Yeah I agree, because majority of the time the caretakers that were found outside they would not like to take short-term jobs such as for a few days or weeks and prefer long-term for at least few months, and they might even ask for deposit too just so you dont cancel their service halfway.

Posted By: givemefive
Date Posted: 05 January 2019 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by Ryeonism Ryeonism wrote:

That is one of the main reason why I would choose Caregiverasia over the other service providers as all their freelancers would have some knowledge on the patients that they are dealing with and weren't just taking care of them by sitting at the side and playing with their phones. They were able to provide some medical advices and also some method in relieving their pain or sickness.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk