Bangsar Baru, Bangsar Utama, Bangsar South, Lucky Garden, Bukit Bandaraya, Pantai - Online Community Forum, News Articles, Activity Places, Business Directory, Classifieds & etc

Bangsar Baru Community Forum Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Babysitters from Hell!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
kristy View Drop Down
Bangsar Freshie
Bangsar Freshie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Babysitters from Hell!
    Posted: 21 November 2018 at 9:59am
https://cilisos.my/why-malaysian-parents-send-their-kids-to-unregistered-childcare-centres-despite-rising-abuse-cases/

what would u suggest we do in such a case? should blame on parent or irresponsible sitter?
Sponsored Links

cabbagemint View Drop Down
Bangsar Freshie
Bangsar Freshie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabbagemint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2018 at 1:04pm
Actually both are responsible. Parents need to know where to find good sitter and a sitter should carry out his or her responsibility accordingly. Problem is now is very hard to find a platform for good sitter
designninja View Drop Down
Bangsar Freshie
Bangsar Freshie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote designninja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2018 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by cabbagemint cabbagemint wrote:

Actually both are responsible. Parents need to know where to find good sitter and a sitter should carry out his or her responsibility accordingly. Problem is now is very hard to find a platform for good sitter

Lol agree. Actually a few months ago there was a case involving a babysitter right? In Malaysia. That was a tragic case. Which made me think, I mean yeah from the outside everything may seem fine but when we leave them with our baby, what would happen? You never or cannot know if someone actually have mental disability. Its hard to detect
cabbagemint View Drop Down
Bangsar Freshie
Bangsar Freshie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabbagemint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2018 at 2:29pm
http://www.mstar.com.my/berita/berita-jenayah/2018/07/04/mayat-peti-ais/

Yeah i believe this was the case right? Even if the accused were sane, i still cant fathom how a human can result to such cruel ways

Acap50 View Drop Down
Bangsar Freshie
Bangsar Freshie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acap50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2018 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by kristy kristy wrote:

https://cilisos.my/why-malaysian-parents-send-their-kids-to-unregistered-childcare-centres-despite-rising-abuse-cases/

what would u suggest we do in such a case? should blame on parent or irresponsible sitter?
Its hard to tell whom should be blamed for. Parents should be more aware of who they hiring to babysit their children. Authorities also should take action to prevent this kind of cases.

Acap50 View Drop Down
Bangsar Freshie
Bangsar Freshie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acap50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2018 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by designninja designninja wrote:

Lol agree. Actually a few months ago there was a case involving a babysitter right? In Malaysia. That was a tragic case. Which made me think, I mean yeah from the outside everything may seem fine but when we leave them with our baby, what would happen? You never or cannot know if someone actually have mental disability. Its hard to detect
The saddest thing is such cases are considered common in Malaysia yet parents still havent learn to not simply hire a unqualified babysitter for their kids.
raudeen View Drop Down
Bangsar Freshie
Bangsar Freshie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raudeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2018 at 3:45pm

Problem is it is difficult to determine or evaluate whether the babysitter is good or not until they actually hired to do the job. If only theres way parents could see whether the babysitter is legit or not.
annely View Drop Down
Bangsar Freshie
Bangsar Freshie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote annely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2018 at 4:48pm
I am not even going side the babysitter because as someone who agreed to take care of other people's child in exchange for money, they should at least have decent humanistic personality in their bones.  

But I'd say if parents are sending their children without proper inspection on the centre and the people that are in-charge of the nursery, then the parents are also to be blame. But if measures were taken, or if it is someone you are comfortable with in the beginning and things still happens then, it is a tragedy for the family. 

Regarding the platform...I think a few online platforms already popped out nowadays... but similar to hiring through social media (fb etc..) how do we know who is coming and what type of service are they capable of serving. 

Edited by annely - 21 November 2018 at 4:55pm
kristy View Drop Down
Bangsar Freshie
Bangsar Freshie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2018 at 9:52am
I think people should find babysitter or home nursing at this website. 
https://www.caregiverasia.com/services/baby-sitting?locale=en-MY
this website is more safer as all sitters are placed through a standardized profile and identity check.
annely View Drop Down
Bangsar Freshie
Bangsar Freshie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote annely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2018 at 11:54am
Originally posted by kristy kristy wrote:

I think people should find babysitter or home nursing at this website. 
https://www.caregiverasia.com/services/baby-sitting?locale=en-MY
this website is more safer as all sitters are placed through a standardized profile and identity check.

Yup, this is something what i mentioned earlier. There are a few of its kind... But personally after googling the others. I gotta agree that this looks the most trustworthy. The profile of each part-timers are displayed and the service that they offer is quite extensive, ranging from cooking for your love ones and accompanying them to their appointments.. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic